Saturday, September 26

"Lord, Save Us From Your Followers" review on front page of Crosswalk.com


I'm not trying to brag or anything, it's just always cool to see something you've written put out there for others to read.

We all have so much to think about everyday. There's the mundane stuff like what socks to pick out of the drawer. There's the routine stuff like what lane to pick in a freeway traffic jam. Then there's the important stuff like what we believe and how we treat others.

There are a lot of voices out there offering input on all those decisions. I used to think that we need less voices. Less clutter. Less debate. Now, I think we need more. More diverse opinions. More voices. More opportunities to measure our thoughts against other viewpoints. Because none of us have it all figured out. And few of us have most of it figured out.

There was a time when I was afraid of being wrong. Now, I think I'm more afraid of being right about everything. Part of me hopes how I see things isn't exactly how things really are. Part of me hopes there are still surprises around the corner, still perspective-altering conversations, still a future larger than the role I'm playing.

I guess that's why I'm excited about my latest article for crosswalk.com. It's not much. Really. I'm just happy to be part of the conversation.

I love those moments when I come across a little nugget of information or a little story from another's point of view and it makes me think. It knocks me off of mental autopilot and makes me feel human again. Refreshes my belief in the power of ideas, and the consequences of my choices.

Maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to kick up a bit of turbulence in someone's air space. Make them grab the wheel again for themselves make a mid-course adjustment. Make them feel alive again.

That would be awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - Congrats =) I have no doublt that you will cause some 'course changes' - you probably have already ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...