Thursday, October 8

Wildman reviews new, controversial Dan Brown book for The Fish


My, review of The Lost Symbol, Dan Brown's follow-up to The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, is now up at thefish.com. The Fish is a new Salem site that takes "a Christian look @ pop culture." I'm happy to be picked up by this second site. They've also picked up a couple of my previous articles for crosswalk.com. That's fun!

The Lost Symbol a controversial book because many Christian readers don't appreciate the irreverent tone Brown takes regarding Jesus and the Bible. That's one way to look at it.

But, I talk about another way to see the book and its message. If you're thinking about reading it, or have decided you absolutly won't read it, check out my angle:


And just for fun, build your own Dan Brown novel with the Dan Brown Plot Generator.


2 comments:

  1. I tried to comment over there but it wouldn't let me create an account. Boo. But it was a good review!! It's nice to see you not judging a book by it's cover... er... author. A lot of Christians (like my mom) tend to just say "Oh Dan Brown's bad because Dan Brown's bad" without thinking about the fact that he writes fiction and nothing else. If we can be mature enough Christians to understand that (and not be shaken in our faith by a piece of fiction), then the fact that he creates fictional worlds in which Christ is not who He says he is shouldn't bother us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article reminded me of the conversation we had at Missionary Baptist BBQ about HP and Twilight... great review, Owen! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...